# Collection of Your Personal Information
We may collect information, including personal information, about you as you use our websites and interact with us. "Personal information" is any information that can be used to identify an individual, and may include name, address, email address, phone number, social media account information, or payment card number. If we link other data with your personal information, we will treat that linked data as personal information. We also collect personal information from trusted third-party sources and engage third parties to collect personal information to assist us.
We collect personal information for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Processing your order.
- Providing you with a newsletter subscription.
- Sending marketing communications.
- Creating an account.
- Enabling the use of certain features of our Solutions.
- Personalizing your experience.
- Providing customer service.
We and the third parties we engage may combine the information we collect from you over time and across our websites with information obtained from other sources. This helps us improve its overall accuracy and completeness, and also helps us better tailor our interactions with you.
If you choose to provide Conectio with a third party's personal information (such as name, email, and phone number), you represent that you have the third party's permission to do so. Examples include forwarding reference material to a friend.
In some instances, Conectio may automatically collect data through cookies, web logs, web beacons, and other similar applications. This information is used to better understand and improve the usability, performance, and effectiveness of the website and to help tailor content or offers for you. Please read the "Cookies and Other Web Technologies" section below for more information.
# Uses of Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving and customizing our Solutions, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law. Some of the ways we may use personal information include:
- Delivering a Solution you have requested.
- Supporting and improving our Solutions and your online experience.
- Personalizing websites, newsletters and other communications.
- Sending communications to you, including for marketing or customer satisfaction purposes, either directly from Conectio or from our partners.
You can edit your communication preferences at any time. See Your Choices and Selecting Your Communication Preferences below.
# Access to and Accuracy of Your Personal Information
We need your help in keeping your personal information accurate and up to date. To update your personal information and communication preferences, please contact us. In addition, you may have the ability to view or edit your personal information online, including:
- geteducation.link – You can access and update your account and profile.
We make good faith efforts to honour reasonable requests to access or correct your data if it is inaccurate. We will respond to your request to access data within 30 days.
Some Conectio entities may be considered data controllers from time to time. When a Conectio entity is acting as a data controller, you can exercise your rights of access and request corrections or deactivations under applicable data protection laws directly with that Conectio entity.
# Your Choices and Selecting Your Communication Preferences
We give you the choice of receiving a variety of information that complements our Solutions. You can manage your communication preferences through the following method:
- By following the instructions included in each promotional email from us to unsubscribe from that particular mailing.
These choices do not apply to the receipt of mandatory service communications that are considered part of certain Solutions, which you may receive periodically unless you cancel the Solution in accordance with its terms and conditions. We may share your personal information with Conectio business partners or vendors, so they may share information about products or services that may be of interest to you. To opt-out of this sharing with third parties for their marketing purposes.
By using our websites or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the websites. If we learn of a security system's breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on our websites or by sending an email to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing. To withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice of a security breach, please notify us.
# Sharing Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving and customizing our Solutions, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law. We may share personal information in the following ways:
- Within Conectio or with any of our worldwide subsidiaries for purposes of data processing or storage.
- With Conectio business partners or vendors, so that they may share information with you about their products or services.
- With business partners, service vendors, authorized third-party agents, or contractors to provide a requested service or transaction. Examples include, but are not limited to: processing of orders and credit card transactions, hosting websites, hosting seminar registration, assisting with sales-related efforts or post-sales support, and providing customer support.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or to another company.
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of Conectio, its business partners, you, or others, or as otherwise required by applicable law.
- In aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing.
# Security of Your Personal Information
# Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Like many websites, Conectio uses automatic data collection tools, such as cookies, embedded web links, and web beacons. These tools collect certain standard information that your browser sends to our website such as your browser type and the address of the website from which you arrived at our website. They may also collect information about:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address. This is a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web. It allows web servers to locate and identify your computer, this is a unique address assigned to your PC by your Internet service provider or information systems department on a TCP/IP network.
- Clickstream behavior. For example, the pages you view and the links you click.
These tools help make your visit to our website easier, more efficient, and more valuable by providing you with a customized experience and recognizing you when you return.
# Linked Websites
# Forums and Chat Rooms
If you participate in a discussion forum or chat room on a Conectio website, you should be aware that the information you provide there will be made broadly available to others, and could be used to contact you, send you unsolicited messages, or for purposes neither Conectio nor you have control over. Also, please recognize that individual forums and chat rooms may have additional rules and conditions. Conectio is not responsible for the personal information or any other information you choose to submit in these forums.
# Children's Privacy
Conectio encourages parents and guardians to take an active role in their children's online activities. Conectio does not knowingly collect personal information from children without proper parental or guardian consent. If you believe that we may have collected personal information from someone under the applicable age of consent in your country without parental or guardian consent, please let us know using the methods described in the Contact Us section and we will take appropriate measures to investigate and address the issue promptly.
# Consent to Transfer, Processing and Storage of Personal Information
As Conectio uses server across the globe, we may transfer your personal information to Conectio in the United States of America, to any other country, or to third parties and business partners as described above. By using our websites and Solutions or providing any personal information to us, you consent to the transfer, processing, and storage of such information outside of your country of residence where data protection standards may be different.
# How to Contact Us